Garmann/Miller is seeking an Interior Designer with interest and experience in the educational and commercial markets. Candidates will be responsible for developing design concepts, selecting and specifying finish materials, selecting and specifying furnishings and equipment, producing construction documents, coordinating/communicating project needs with the entire design team, and presenting to and interacting directly with clients. Required skills include innovative problem solving and good communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years professional experience preferred in a design firm or related business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent drawing skills and knowledge of construction techniques/ detailing
- Understanding and ability to coordinate with other design and construction professionals including architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and listening skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive, and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity
Positions open in Columbus, Ohio or Minster, Ohio.
Qualified and interested individuals should submit a resume, references and cover letter to Doug Rentz (firstname.lastname@example.org)