Garmann/Miller is seeking a Specifications Writer with a minimum 5 years of experience in education, commercial, healthcare and industrial architecture. Candidates will be responsible for writing the specifications and coordinating them with the drawings. Other responsibilities will include working with the design team to ensure all disciplines specifications are coordinated. Required skills include experience with construction contracts, specifications writing, innovative problem solving, good communication and potential management skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commerical construction
- Well-rounded experience in all phases of design, construction documentation, codes, specifications, and construction administration
- Excellent drawing skills and knowledge of construction techniques/ detailing
- Understanding of construction contracts and general conditions of construction projects
- Experience with building and zoning codes
- Knowledge with specification writing software preferred
- Understanding and ability to coordinate the work of engineering disciplines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and listening skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Positions open in Columbus, Ohio and Minster, Ohio.
Qualified and interested individuals should submit a resume, references and cover letter to Doug Rentz (email@example.com)